- Language testing and assessment
- Corpus-based analysis
- Korean language program
Research area 1: Language assessment and linguistic features
- Kim, S. (under review). Generalizability of CEFR criterial features: Empirical investigation into grammatical feature use in a Korean EFL corpus.
- Kim, S., & Lee, H-K. (2015). Exploring rater behaviors during a writing assessment discussion. English Teaching, 70, 97-121.
- Kim, S. (2019, March). Assessing grammatical features in second language writing: A corpus-based analysis for rating scale validation. Paper to be presented at the American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) conference, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Kim, S. (2018, September). Predicting CEFR proficiency level using grammatical criterial features. Paper presented at the American Association for Corpus Linguistics (AACL) conference, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Kim, S., Reed, D. J., Ohlrogge, A., Kim, H., Van Gorp, K., Isbell, D. R. (2018, March). Investigating the textual complexity of essay benchmarks at different levels on a scale within the CEFR B2 range. Work-in-progress presented at the Language Assessment Research Conference (LARC), Ames, Iowa, USA.
- Kim, S. (2017, March). Examining the grammatical criterial features for CEFR levels in a learner corpus of written English. Paper presented at the American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) conference, Portland, Oregon, USA.
Research area 2: Korean language-related studies
- Kim, S., & De Costa, P. (submitted). Ideology, Capital, and Value Creation: A case study of an American study abroad learner of Korean.
- Kim, S. (2017). A survey on postsecondary Korean language programs in the United States. Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages, 21, 99-126.
- Kim, S., & Yoon, H.-J. (2016). Stop using that: Expressing definiteness in Korean. MSU Working Papers in Second Language Studies, 7, 44-56.
- Kim, S. (2018, March). Capital, Ideology, and Value Creation: A case study of an American learner of Korean. Paper presented at the American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) conference, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Kim, S., & Park, O.-S. (2016, October). Validation of a Korean Speaking Proficiency Assessment. Poster presented at the Midwest Association of Language Testers (MwALT) conference, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
Last updated: November 2018